Archive for the ‘Fashion and Design’ Category
A long time ago, fashion minded women decided that though the cold would come each year and force them to bundle up, it didn’t mean that they had to look drab. It was thanks to these women that winter fashion began. Today, there are tons of great styles and looks that can be used in the colder months. In fact, there are so many great styles that tons of women look forward to fall and winter each year, just so they can wear their favorite cold weather trends!
Sadly, there is a downside. Fall and winter clothing tend to cost more than spring and summer clothes. Perhaps it’s because more fabric goes into the material, or maybe it’s because they have to be made differently. So before you break the bank trying on all of this year’s new trends, make sure you have these classic winter fashion must haves that will never go out of style!
A good pair of black boots never goes out of style. Be sure to invest in a good quality pair so that you can wear it for several seasons before you replace them with yet another pair! Pick a boot that has a slightly pointed toe, but not one that is completely pointed. This style of boot is the kind that will match all of the clothes you own!
A Dark Classic Cut Coat
Well made winter coats should last you at least three years, longer if you care for it very well. You need an excellent coat since it’s what most people will be seeing you walk around in! Waisted coats are great at showing off your figure and making you look petite, while classic single breasted coats with large buttons will always make you look well put together.
Tights and Well Fitting Jeans
Keeping your legs warm is a must during the colder months, so make sure you get some fashionable tights and some great jeans that fit you well. Dark colored tights and dark colored jeans are usually your best bets, but don’t be afraid to add a splash of bright color here and there.
Fitted Knit Sweaters
Investing in some great sweaters that fit you well is always a good idea for winter. It’s a great way to show off your figure while keeping warm. Stick to solid colored sweaters so that you can pair them with just about anything.
Scarves and Hats
Neck and head gear is always fashionable during the winter, but it can be difficult to choose a style that will stay trendy. Scarves are easier than hats because if you stick to basic colors, you can match them with just about any outfit and you’ll look fine. Hats on the other hand, are much trickier. Try buying either a beret or a classic winter cap. If they look good on you, you’re set!
Thin but Glittery Jewelry
Fall and winter clothes tend to be big and thick because they have to keep you warm. However, you do end up looking bulky. Try to offset the bulkiness of your appearance by accessorizing with thin pieces glittery pieces of jewelry that will stand out. This will make the outfit seem more dainty and feminine.
When purchasing these items, try to stick to classy pieces that you know will go with just about anything. Here’s a hint, if you see something that looks like you’ve seen it in old movies, grab it. Wearing something classic and vintage is totally in style at the moment, and with so many current designers taking their inspiration from past pieces, you’re sure to be in style for some time.
Once you have your winter fashion must haves, stylize your clothes by adding cute trendy pieces from cheap stores. If these pieces do go out of style, at least you didn’t spend too much money on them. Check out fashion magazines and the Internet to see which pieces will be fashionable each winter. Trust me, once you have the basics, the rest is easy!
Tara Mae Flannigan
Whether you’re spending time relaxing on a beach, touring a European city or reading outside in your own back yard, you’ll want to be feeling fashionable. Check out these tips for creating the most beautiful and trendy summer wardrobe.
- This year invest in a classic Parisian striped top. It will go with everything in your wardrobe, from high waisted shorts to 50s style tapered trousers. Pop it on when you want to look elegant and expensive, and add a straw hat for a Venetian twist.
- Hair styles for summer 2010 are inspired by braids. Whether you do a large messy fishtail side braid in the style of Alexander Wang’s New York show or create a vintage braided updo in the style of Rochas girls, keep experimenting with different plaits for different occasions.
- The crew neck is the neckline of the season, and thank goodness, because this means that gorgeous tanned legs can be shown off to their full advantage whilst you remain elegant and classy. Keep your t-shirts long sleeved as well as high necked, and for extra fashion points invest this season in a high-waisted skirt to mix and match with your multicoloured shirts.
- Learn the art of draping and wrapping, if you want to look super chic this summer. Donna Karan’s runway was filled with artistic fabric movements and styles, which you can replicate at home by being a bit more experimental and maybe even creating your own chiffon wrapped bodycon dress. Keep the colours neutral for the most subtle effect.
- Blonde hair is the ultimate summery compliment to fresh glowing skin. Take a visit to your hairdresser to get some subtle highlights added that will catch the sun’s rays on a hot day by the beach. And keep drinking lots of water so that your skin looks hydrated and fresh.
- Classic shapes mixed with modern prints make for a very pretty but edgy look. Combine lace and sharp tailoring for a similar effect or bright contemporary colours with feminine cuts, and look to Erdem’s SS10 show for inspiration.
- Lace is definitely big for this season, as the ‘underwear as outerwear’ trend continues in high streets as well as on the catwalk. Lace edging on a vest top is a simple way to add it to your wardrobe, or look for a pretty 60s style cream lace dress with a silk slip underneath.
- Neutrals are set to be a big trend for the autumn/winter season, so if you want to start building a wearable wardrobe for the whole year, look to colours like camel, cream, beige, ivory, taupe, peach, nude and antique rose.
The fashion design industry has witnessed a tremendous growth over the years. The increasing demands of the fashion industry have made it imperative for fashion designers to turn to the latest technology. This accounts for the popularity of fashion design software.
Fashion design software is beneficial for designers as it guides them right from the stage of designing to production. The software has mechanized the whole process of designing, making patterns, cutting and production. There are software modules that assist designers to create initial designs faster and with more accuracy. The designers can use the existing designs to their advantage by following the steps given in the software module. The designers can initiate minor changes in the already existing designs. They can personalize them by adding features out of their own innovative ideas. These designs are then translated into ready-to-wear collections.
The pattern making software comes handy to the designers who create perfect fitting garments. They use the software to create accurate patterns such as the different types of cross-stitch patterns. Creation of patterns includes drafting, grading and making layouts. It also assists the designers in texture mapping. The guidelines in the various software modules make the whole process easy and convenient.
The software also meets the coloring needs. With the help of different modules the designers can create weaves with as many colors as they want, set the imported fabric image in new colors and then customize them.
There are illustrations that keep the designers abreast of the latest trends in the fashion industry. The software equips them with the tool to create images and render realistic designs, colors patterns and textures.
Fashion design is not limited to making designs and patterns but also includes the larger domain of production. In this sphere too, fashion design software are used extensively. It provides guidelines to manage production and market the production.
Fashion design software assist the designers in increasing their efficiency and productivity. This, in turn, helps them in creating an extensive market for their designs and meets the demands of the competitive fashion market.
Fashion for the full-figured woman has come a long way. Nowadays it is not as difficult to find trendy and stylish clothes that look flattering on curvy women. From casual wear, corporate attire, cocktail dresses and evening gowns, the clothing industry has made sure that plus size women do not get left behind.
Now with the advancement of technology, undergarments called shapewear are already available in almost any clothing store. Shapewear includes panties, bras, camisoles, and girdles that have added contouring effects on the body. So when they are worn with a dress, there is a more slender silhouette. Shapewear today can even make you slim down one dress size.
There are many different kinds of plus size shapewear, ranging from the basic panties and bras to the more advanced corsets, vests and body wraps. They are available in sizes 5X and up so that full figured women look stunning in their outfits. This shapewear is made with sophisticated construction and is manufactured using Santoni knitting machines. They are virtually seamless so that awkward visible panty lines are gone and you are left with a stunning silhouette.
Shapewear using this advanced technology can flatten your stomach as well as lift and smooth your bottom. And because they are now also made for plus sized women, you can now strut your stuff in your most elegant cocktail dress or evening gown without having to worry about your love handles or muffin tops popping out. People are surely going to notice your slimmer shape and with the right dress that accentuates your assets, you will surely be the belle of the ball.
Some of the popular brands in plus size shapewear include Spanx, The Body Wrap, Flexees and Barely There. These brands also offer a wide range of seamless shapewear for full figured women in the form of body shapers, control briefs, and biker shorts shapewear silhouettes. Sassybax is also another brand that is famous for its bras and camisoles that have the amazing ability to eliminate back fat. In choosing the right plus size shapewear for you make sure to take time in fitting the garment properly. The key is to find one that fits just right.
Shapewear that is too tight will dig into your skin and will make you feel uncomfortable. On the other hand, one that is too loose will not have the slimming effect that you are looking for. So do not rush into buying these undergarments. Approach the friendly consultants in your nearest clothing store to make sure you get expert advice.